Easy and yummy party cocktail recipe! Make this blue electric lemonade recipe to add color to a baby shower or mermaid-themed party!
We have mostly party printables on this site, but we are also going to be adding some other party ideas and that includes fun cocktail recipes!
Having a colored drink adds a fun element to any party that has a blue theme (think mermaid party, ocean or tropical-themed party, baby boy shower, etc).
The electric blue color is achieved by using blue curacao liqueur and the addition of a lemon wheel or two adds to the cute look of the drink!
Switching Up the Electric Lemonade
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links from Amazon.com. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links (purple text). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Since this easy cocktail recipe is a beautiful color, you’ll want to show it off! And fish bowls make great party glasses for a blue drink.
You can find a plastic set of fish bowl glasses on Amazon here or just grab some from the Dollar Tree in their glass votive section. Or you can always use a hurricane glass if that’s what you have!
For this electric lemonade cocktail, we wanted to make them extra party fun, so we added the mini alcohol bottles upside down inside the drink. That way each party guest can add as much alcohol as they want for their personal preference, or they don’t have to add any at all!
Especially if you are using these for a baby boy shower, you’ll want to have some non-alcoholic drinks for some of the guests.
To save money, purchase a pack of mini liquor bottles and fill from a large bottle.
Other options to add to an electric lemonade:
- sour mix instead of rum
- simple syrup to make it sweet drinks
- lemon-lime soda or lemon club soda instead of lemonade
- instead of using individual bottles, make a pitcher of electric lemonade by multiplying the ingredients
If you want some pink color at your party, make sure to grab our strawberry colada recipe!
- 1/2 cup ice
- Lemon slices
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 50 ml Lemonade Vodka
- 50 ml Coconut Rum
- 2 oz Blue Curacao
- Fill a fish bowl or collins glass with ice cubes.
- Cut lemon slices and a lemon slice or two to the glass of ice.
- Pour in the lemonade and add the blue curacao.
- Add the lemonade vodka and coconut rum. Or if you want to make an electric lemonade bowl, place the small 50 ml bottles upside in the bowl and the ice cubes will hold the bottles in place. Then the guest can pour one or both of the alcohol to suit their taste buds! Cheers!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 0g